First, your child plays with it, and then you are free to turn it into home decor, accessories, or whatever your creative mind comes up with!
- 21 mini woven discs: 7 big, 7 medium, 7 small
Colors: Pink, red, purple, green, orange, yellow, blue
- Wooden educational board: Big, Medium, Small / Grand, Moyen, Petit
Possibility of customization
Grass, Raffia palm and entandrophragma excelsum wood
* DIMENSIONS (approx.)
Discs: 7=7cm, 7=5cm, 7=3cm
* STORAGE OF WOVEN DISCS (approx.)
Basket: 15cm high (including lid)
- Ethically Sourced
- Supports local Communities in Rwanda
- Strong and long lasting
While working on classifying and grouping objects, young minds are busy analyzing similarities, differences and making choices.
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor control
- Dexterity – muscles
- Spatial awareness
- Reasoning – Problem-solving skills
- Matching, sorting and classifying
- Language development
AGE: From 3 years
Our baskets were made by a group of women basket weavers (mothers and grandmothers) in the Northern Province of Rwanda, so you can be sure of their exceptional quality. And since they are handmade, expect some differences in size and pattern.
Our wooden board was made by our partner artisans based in the Northern Province of Rwanda. The wood they work with is called “Entandrophragma excelsum”, known for its high quality. It comes from the DRC where it is known as Libuyu wood.
Weaving and wood carving requires a lot of precision and patience. It usually takes about six days to complete the work. The income generated will help our partner artisans cover their daily expenses, school fees and even teach this ancient skill and preserve the Rwandan tradition.
To enjoy your baskets for many years, be sure to : Wipe them down with a slightly damp cloth to clean them. Do not leave the woven discs in direct sunlight (this preserves the beautiful colors longer).
Never soak or immerse a wooden board in water.
- Use a mild soap and well rinse with a sponge, to clean varnished wooden board.
- Use white vinegar or apple cider diluted with water, to disinfect your wooden board, then air dry or well wipe with a cloth.