First, your child plays with it, and then you are free to turn it into home decor, accessories, or whatever your creative mind comes up with!
- 15 animal figurines : Big, Medium, Small
Animals: Elephant, Giraffe, Gorilla sitting, Gorilla walking, Rhinoceros
- Wooden educational board: Big, Medium, Small / Grand, Moyen, Petit
Possibility of customization
Grass, Raffia Palm and Entandrophragma excelsum wood
* DIMENSIONS (approx.)
Animal figurines: Big=8-11cm, Medium=7-6cm, Small=5-4cm
* STORAGE OF ANIMAL FIGURINES (approx.)
Basket: 20cm high (including lid)
- Ethically Sourced
- Supports local Communities in Rwanda
- Strong and long lasting
While working on classifying and grouping objects, young minds are busy analyzing similarities, differences and making choices.
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor control
- Dexterity – muscles
- Spatial awareness
- Reasoning – Problem-solving skills
- Matching, sorting and classifying
- Language development
AGE: From 3 years
Our wooden boards and animal figurines were made by our partner artisans based in the Northern Province of Rwanda, so you can be sure of their exceptional quality. And since they are handmade, expect some differences in size and pattern. The wood they work with is called “Entandrophragma excelsum”, known for its high quality. It comes from the DRC where it is known as Libuyu wood.
Woodcarving requires a great deal of precision and patience. It usually takes about six days to complete the work. The income generated will help our partner artisans cover their daily expenses, school fees and even teach this ancient skill and preserve the Rwandan tradition.
Never soak or immerse a wooden toy in water, it might swell, change shape and loose the colors.
- Use a mild soap and well rinse with a sponge, to clean painted or varnished wooden toys.
- Use white vinegar or apple cider diluted with water, to disinfect your wooden toys, then air dry or well wipe with a cloth.